Full-Time Venue & Events Manager
Are you a motivated individual in event planning and/or venue management? Do you enjoy taking ownership of your role and making it your own? Then we might have a great position for you!
Brix Events, a meeting and event venue that’s part of Brix Coworking and located downtown on the Capitol Square, is looking for a motivated, self-starting, entrepreneurial professional to take the reins on running the day to day operations and grow the event portion of our business.
Skills & Background
The ideal candidate would have experience or an education background in venue management, event planning, marketing, communications and/or public relations. This role also requires being comfortable with interacting with people and knowing or learning how to provide a premium customer experience for those who rent and use the event venue.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
This position would be expected to complete the following duties and tasks. Note that this list is non-exhaustive, as other duties may come up that you would be expected to take ownership of.
Some of these items may be executed in collaboration with existing coworking and venue team members:
- Strategizing and putting together a marketing plan for the venue
- Executing the marketing plan using both traditional and digital marketing channels, including, but not limited to, building relationships with local chambers, visitor bureaus, and hotels, and using digital tools such as social media and email
- Promoting conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- Responding to inquiries concerning services provided and costs for room and equipment hire, catering and related services
- Meeting with clients to discuss their needs and outlining package options to meet these needs
- Arranging and coordinating services, such as conference facilities, catering, signage, displays, audio-visual equipment, accommodation, transport and social events, for participants
- Organizing registration of participants
- Negotiating the type and costs of services to be provided within budget
- Overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
As Brix Events has only been open since January 2019, this position is fairly entry level. However, this position does have the potential to grow based on performance and the growth of the business.
We invite you to submit to us your compensation requirements along with your resume so we can take it into consideration during the interview process.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Madison, WI
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org